News · Feb 20, 2023
Criteria now supports OpenAPI v3.1
We are excited to announce that the Criteria now supports OpenAPI v3.1 files. OpenAPI v3.1 is the latest version of OpenAPI and comes with several advantages over OpenAPI v3.0, including:
- Full compatiblity with the latest draft of the JSON Schema specification.
- Added support for describing webhooks.
- Standardized API license identification via the standard SPDX identifier.
With this release, you can import OpenAPI v3.1 files in Criteria, where you can iterate on the design of the API collaboratively, and export the files to your source control system as valid OpenAPI v3.1 documents.
Here’s how you can import OpenAPI v3.1 files and edit them:
- In the Design tab, click the Create menu then choose Import OpenAPI.
- Choose the OpenAPI v3.1 file to be imported.
- Click Import.
To export the file:
- In the API view, click Export OpenAPI.
- Choose either JSON or YAML format.
- Click Export to download the file.
You can also access OpenAPI v3.1 definitions without importing a file. Here's how:
- In the Design tab, click Create.
- Enter the name and initial version of your API.
- Click Create.
- When the created API appears, click OpenAPI to view and edit the OpenAPI definition.
We’d love to hear what you think about this update. Contact us at email@example.com to share your thoughts and feedback around your use cases.